Tell me 'bout it!!

This is a blog. A what? A blog. A what? A blog. Oh a blog! (This used to be one of my favorite restaurant games) I love this blog, because I started it a long time ago. AND although I haven't updated it frequently at certain times, it shows parts of my life's happenings over many years... and I LOVE that. Thanks for visiting and leave me a comment or some evidence that you stopped by!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wa


April 2009 @ Wa
Daniel, our waiter, took a pic with my phone of Matt and I with our newly acquired chopsticks.

I used to think sushi was absolutely gross. I won't say that that thought has completely changed, but I did try something that changed my mind a little. I really only eat sushi at one place and there are only a few rolls that I eat regularly. I'll try others once, but I usually stick to my "safe" rolls. The roll that changed it all was the famous Kansas Roll. Everything is cooked and then the roll is wrapped in foil and lit on fire. It's spicy and yummy! When I say I like sushi, it's sort of in the same way that I like wine. I like white zin. Most people consider this to be a watered down form of wine. Well, I like sushi rolls with crunchies, cream cheese, crab, shrimp, and the seaweed must not be wrapped around the outside! Fairly picky, but still, at least I eat some of it! :o)
Since I discovered the Kansas Roll, Matt and I started visiting Wa a lot more and fairly regularly. We always thought it would be cool to get our own chopsticks. There is a wall of chopsticks for people who regularly visit. You don't buy them or ask for them, you simply have to go enough that the people there think you should have them. The picture above was back in April, a mere 3 days before I got laid off, when we were given our own chopsticks. :o) We were quite excited and so we had Daniel, our regular waiter, take a pic with my phone.
Then come June, when I found out I was pregnant, I was heartbroken thinking of not being able to eat sushi. I went a whole month without and couldn't do it anymore. I went and was determined to find something that I was allowed to eat. I was happy to see that there were multiple rolls that I like that were all cooked, not high in mercury, rolls. So I went a little more often, but was still instructed to not go too often. However, after the baby is born, and I hopefully have some more income coming in, we will be back to visiting fairly regularly again!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home