CAUTION: LONG POST AHEAD
Well, things are getting done. It seems that I am always busy. This past weekend was exhausting! On Friday, I went garage sale-ing (not a word, but don't know how else to say it) early with my sister-in-law, Erin, and her younger sister Kate. We went to maybe 10 garage sales and couldn't believe what we had gotten. Usually we can garage sale all day and maybe spend $5, but that day we were only out for a short while and had already spent a lot and filled up the trunk. We did have my nephew, Tommy with us who decided to take up a lot of time by pooping multiple times in our short time out. One of the best buys was definately the four chairs that Erin bought. She got four of those folding chairs that we need regularly. I had dinner at my house last Thursday and people had to bring folding chairs b/c I don't have enough, so those chairs are like gold around here. Erin was very excited to have found them.
After garage sale-ing, I had to go into work. I went into work, and around lunch time, went to our lunch meeting. We had a presentation on screensharing via http and ate mediterrainean food. It was good. That evening after I went home I had to clean my garage. It was hot and the mosquitos were out. I got eaten alive! I have bites all over my legs. BUT I did clean up the garage and now it is all organized and ready to be cluttered up again...(keep reading).
Saturday came and I woke up early to go see if there was a high chair at one of the garage sales I had been to the day before. My mother-in-law wanted me to check for her. It wasn't. But then I was up and out and so I thought I would drop by a fwe other sales. I stopped at maybe three more. At one of these, I found an entertainment center that I thought would work well in my house. After many calls to my husband and a few trips to his work and back, I decided to go ahead and get it. However I couldn't pick it up til like 5 that evening, so it sat. At 9:30AM, I had to be at my condo for our home owners association cleanup day. Yes, it was only 9:30 in the morning and I still had a whole day ahead... I worked outside for a couple of hours weeding and lawn mowing until I was just about ready to passout. Mowing the lawn in the sun at 3 in the afternoon is not fun! I did stop for lunch and at 1:30 we had our meeting. My brother, Kris, from Wichita showed up in the middle of that with his truck full of a couch and deck tables that he brought for us from Wichita. He didn't stay long (he was going to Leavenworth with his gf Sarah). So then I mowed, waited for Matt to get home, and we unloaded the stuff out of the truck (which was heavy). Then we took the truck to get the entertainment center, and that was ridiculously heavy! I thought my arm was gonna come apart at my elbow. Once we finished with that, we went to Matt's apt and started moving his big stuff to the condo since we had my brother's truck. We got all that moved (all the while I am still getting bitten by mosquitos...) and filled up the garage with much more stuff from his house. We don't really have room for any of the stuff that we have, but we seem to just find a place for everything. All we have left is his closet to still move now. I think we are waiting a while to finish though.
Well, that was my busy, exhausting weekend. Aren't you just tired reading about it? Well thats all for now, I will save anything else for a new post.
After garage sale-ing, I had to go into work. I went into work, and around lunch time, went to our lunch meeting. We had a presentation on screensharing via http and ate mediterrainean food. It was good. That evening after I went home I had to clean my garage. It was hot and the mosquitos were out. I got eaten alive! I have bites all over my legs. BUT I did clean up the garage and now it is all organized and ready to be cluttered up again...(keep reading).
Saturday came and I woke up early to go see if there was a high chair at one of the garage sales I had been to the day before. My mother-in-law wanted me to check for her. It wasn't. But then I was up and out and so I thought I would drop by a fwe other sales. I stopped at maybe three more. At one of these, I found an entertainment center that I thought would work well in my house. After many calls to my husband and a few trips to his work and back, I decided to go ahead and get it. However I couldn't pick it up til like 5 that evening, so it sat. At 9:30AM, I had to be at my condo for our home owners association cleanup day. Yes, it was only 9:30 in the morning and I still had a whole day ahead... I worked outside for a couple of hours weeding and lawn mowing until I was just about ready to passout. Mowing the lawn in the sun at 3 in the afternoon is not fun! I did stop for lunch and at 1:30 we had our meeting. My brother, Kris, from Wichita showed up in the middle of that with his truck full of a couch and deck tables that he brought for us from Wichita. He didn't stay long (he was going to Leavenworth with his gf Sarah). So then I mowed, waited for Matt to get home, and we unloaded the stuff out of the truck (which was heavy). Then we took the truck to get the entertainment center, and that was ridiculously heavy! I thought my arm was gonna come apart at my elbow. Once we finished with that, we went to Matt's apt and started moving his big stuff to the condo since we had my brother's truck. We got all that moved (all the while I am still getting bitten by mosquitos...) and filled up the garage with much more stuff from his house. We don't really have room for any of the stuff that we have, but we seem to just find a place for everything. All we have left is his closet to still move now. I think we are waiting a while to finish though.
Well, that was my busy, exhausting weekend. Aren't you just tired reading about it? Well thats all for now, I will save anything else for a new post.

1 Comments:
At 12:16 PM,
mattjustmull said…
Sounds like you have a crap ton of furniture now :)
Post a Comment
<< Home