Tell me 'bout it!!

This is a blog. A what? A blog. A what? A blog. Oh a blog! (This used to be one of my favorite restaurant games) I love this blog, because I started it a long time ago. AND although I haven't updated it frequently at certain times, it shows parts of my life's happenings over many years... and I LOVE that. Thanks for visiting and leave me a comment or some evidence that you stopped by!

Friday, July 21, 2006

How To...

The google How To of the Day: How to Stop Laughing when You Laugh at Inappropriate Times

I just thought I would help some of you out with this helpful information. :o)

One thought that came to my mind when I saw this was when Matt and I had to fight so hard not to laugh at one of my dear Aunt's funeral. I knew and loved this aunt very much. Even though I was very emotional at this funeral and I had cried multiple times already, when the man who was to sing the music stood up and began to sing, we almost lost it. Since then, many others have also gotten their share of laughing from Matthew impersonating his performance.

When Mr. Bud Lee stood up to sing, we expected a deep voice. This man is a very tall, bigger black man and was one of the sweetest guys ever. Follow the link above to see the picture of him and his wife and their website. He began to sing one of Matthew and my favorite songs, His Eye is on the Sparrow
. Each time he sang "His Eye," he would point to his very wide opened, almost bulging eye, and continue with "is on the Sparrow" and his hand would go up into the air and kind of do a puppet motion (opening and closing of the hand) and then he would capture it with his other hand and pet 'his sparrow.' Then he would go on to, "I sing because I'm happy" and clap very fast as he sang that and continue on acting out the whole song.
This performance brightened my day and cheered me up for sure. I don't know what kind of reaction Mr. Bud Lee expects or wants from his performance, but if you are ever around Matt and remember, you should definately ask him to show you his impersonation. It's no where near as good as the real thing, but it will have to suffice.

I just thought that I would share one of my recent moments where laughing may have been inappropriate to tie it in with the abuot How To of the day. Hope you enjoyed.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home