Well the weekend was fun. I moved out one roommie, Treva, and moved in one roomie, Nicole. I stayed at home almost the whole day on Sunday while they moved. Saturday was a completely different day. I woke up at 9am and started running. I didn't stop until 1am Sunday morning. I began with getting things ready for my current roommate's bridal shower, then following that I had to get things ready for her personal shower and bachelorette party. This took up the entire day. It was very fun though. She is moving out on Thursday, and then we will have our new household set. Bethany will be returning home mid August from Mexico, where she has been all summer, and she is the one of the three roommates for this year. However she moved in last February, so she isn't a new roommate. Monday, I had lunch with a friend who I hadn't seen for a while. It was nice to get together and chat for a while. I always say I should do that more often, and then I seem to never do it more often. Around 4:45 I had to make it to the County Treasurer's office to get my new tags. Yes, I am a bit of a procrastinator. The office closes at 5 and I went on the day my tags expired, 15 min before they closed. I got new tags for both mine and Matt's car. We just became owners of our cars, so we got new license plates and everything. Then, on my way home, I picked up Mirai, who is my third roommate this year. She is from South Korea and has been in Florida all summer. She lived in the dorms last year while at KU. She doesn't have a car or a license, so I picked her up, and took her home. We unloaded her stuff and then I took her to the grocery store so she could have food. I bought more than she did though. But I also cook for two..so it's okay. :) One of my rules for renters is that they must have a car and a license because I don't want to be driving them around, and I don't want the other renters to have to do so either. This is known, and Mirai is very adament about getting both of these things. She has driving school on Saturday and is trying to get everything taken care of before school starts. This is a good thing.
Anyway, Thats all for the past couple of days.
Anyway, Thats all for the past couple of days.

2 Comments:
At 1:53 PM,
mattjustmull said…
How do you find your roommates?
At 2:12 PM,
Dena Marie said…
I found Nicole - b/c she is a friend from school. Mirai is a friend of Bethany's/she has gone to our church a couple of times. Bethany goes to my church. Laura goes to my church. Shastel I found online a roommate.com or something like that, and Treva's sister got an email sent out by another church here in town that had my roommate needed add in it. However, I knew Treva's sister as she had taught at my high school for a while. That is all the roommates that I have found and/or rented to.
Post a Comment
<< Home