Tell me 'bout it!!

This is a blog. A what? A blog. A what? A blog. Oh a blog! (This used to be one of my favorite restaurant games) I love this blog, because I started it a long time ago. AND although I haven't updated it frequently at certain times, it shows parts of my life's happenings over many years... and I LOVE that. Thanks for visiting and leave me a comment or some evidence that you stopped by!

Monday, July 24, 2006

This weekend was a funfilled weekend. Friday evening I spent at my sister-in-law, Erin's house playing with my niece and nephew. My mother-in-law was coming to visit, so I helped by watching the kids while Erin cleaned. Tommy was easy to care for, as long as he kept his pacifier in his mouth. I played with Nora and wore her out. She fell asleep in my arms just before her bedtime around 9:30. I sat and held her for a little more than 30 minutes while she slept. So sweet!! I just love her. It was the best feeling ever. She just doesn't fall asleep in your arms very often anymore. I took advantage of it this time. Then when Grandma came, she took her and put her in bed. I uploaded some pics onto my computer from Tom and Erin's camera. Then later when I went home I spent some time putting those pics on Elenore and Tommy's blog. The first few pics show some of the fun we were having before the kids went to bed Friday night.
Saturday morning, Erin picked me up at 8AM so we could go to the HUGE sale at JCPenney. Which sucked. It's just like at garage sales. If they say it's HUGE, it usually isn't. So Erin found a few things, but we left after I decided we were just wasting time. Even though we were only supposed to go to JCPenney (which I found out about later), we then went to Kohls and Old Navy. Both of theses places had much better sales and were much more fun to shop at. We went home around noon and i ate lunch with my hubby. Then we got ready for our evening out with Tom and Erin and no kids, as Grandma was babysitting tonight. Later that evening, we met them at the house, said goodbye to the kids and grandma and headed to Olathe. We ate at Zio's and then went to the Imax theater. Well, between these stops, Erin and I went to Target and Tom and Matt went to Hooters. The boys of course said, man, none of the girls were hot in there. But, do we believe them, or did they just not want to get in trouble? Hmmm... Anyway, At Target, Erin and I stocked up on movie snacks and a couple 20oz pops. I had my "movie" purse which helped us in getting these things into the theater. :o) Our movie, Superman, began at 10:30PM and was over around 1AM. It was very long, but I liked it. I did, however, look at my watch multiple times throughout it. The 3-D parts of the movie were pretty cool. Sometimes it made me feel a little sick, but it was still pretty cool to see things pop out. That 3-D glasses they give you to wear are pretty stylish too. Apparently others thought this as well, since they decided to just walk out of the theater with them instead of throwing them in the glasses bin. What are you gonna do with em? Silly people. SO, the next time the price of movies go up, we'll know why. They have to buy new 3-d glasses to replace the ones that stupid people stole.
Sunday, went to church, out to lunch with Matt and his mom, then went home. Matt went to work, and I cleaned. I cleaned out all of my dresser and my closet and made room for Matthew. Then I went through the baskets of clothes on my closet floor of his, and put them all away. We are now sharing our clothes space. I have about 6 bags of clothes to sell at a garage sale, now.
That was my whole weekend. Exciting huh?

2 Comments:

  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger mattjustmull said…

    Nora is in the hunt for Baby Baker's punk rock girl title!

    I didn't realize that major movies were being made in 3D. Do you think the film was better because of it?

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Dena Marie said…

    I think that it was more interesting. It was kind of funny, because you would be watching and all of a sudden the glasses would flash and everyone would kinda jump and put their glasses on. Then you would be watching and the no glasses image would flash at the bottom (which I never saw), and all of a sudden your right eye would just go black, so of course you would know to take off your glasses. It was something though, to keep you awake and on your feet during a 2 and a half hour movie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home