Wow, Summer's over!
Well, almost anyway. School starts on Thursday. I can't believe that I am starting my last semester (I hope anyway) of school. I have four more engineering classes to take. I am enrolled in all of them for this semester. I am praying that I pass them all. :) I have a SWE thingy to go to tomorrow (Tuesday night) as well has Hawk Week info fair on Strong Hall lawn that I have to go to. Then Wednesday night I have dinner at my house for the big group (consists of about 12 adults and 6 kids) and then Thursday morning is the first day of school. Thursday night I will be going to a big kick-off BBQ and then things will start getting crazy. Matt also has a softball game on Thursday night. Last Thursday was their first two games. For the fall league they play a double header every Thur except for the last Thur of the season. Last week they lost the first game and won the second. It was raining the entire time which kinda sucked, but oh well. Friday night, I had a few friends over and we played a couple games. Scattegories was the first and then we played Clue. It had been forever since I had played this game. At least 5 years and I think even more than that. However, I took everyone by surprise when I won after three or four short turns. It was a quick game. Saturday morning I went golfing at Alvamar Orchards. The golf was nice, but the greens were horrible. Apparently the greens have some fungus and between that and the heat, they are just desert. Greens on #7 and #8 have no grass what so ever. It is just dirt. That sucked!!
Last night (Sunday) I went to Trinity Epsicopal church to listen to Matt sing in the choir. There is a good reason that I don't attend mass regularly. I gladly left after 30 minutes to go meet my friend Sara who was stopping through town on her way back to Manhattan, KS. It was so nice to talk and catch up with her. Her friendship is one of my longest lasting KS friendships. We've been friends since '96 when we were just little ones. :o) This is a special thing. I don't have many friendships that have lasted that long. Many people don't start making lasting friendships til they are older.
One more thing before I go. I have been greatly saddened by the recent lack of blogging by my blogging community. If you read this, please go and give your own personal blog/lj/whatever-you-have love of it's very own. I will be checking them all again soon, and look forward to seeing what you have all been up to.
Last night (Sunday) I went to Trinity Epsicopal church to listen to Matt sing in the choir. There is a good reason that I don't attend mass regularly. I gladly left after 30 minutes to go meet my friend Sara who was stopping through town on her way back to Manhattan, KS. It was so nice to talk and catch up with her. Her friendship is one of my longest lasting KS friendships. We've been friends since '96 when we were just little ones. :o) This is a special thing. I don't have many friendships that have lasted that long. Many people don't start making lasting friendships til they are older.
One more thing before I go. I have been greatly saddened by the recent lack of blogging by my blogging community. If you read this, please go and give your own personal blog/lj/whatever-you-have love of it's very own. I will be checking them all again soon, and look forward to seeing what you have all been up to.

3 Comments:
At 1:14 AM,
Sarah Rahija said…
Good to see you in WalMart! When we got home, Erin told David we had seen you there. I asked her who was with you, and she thought for a moment, then said, "Oh yeah, it was her friend, Nickle". I thought it was pretty funny! See you Thursday for sure, if not tomorrow night for the Info Fair!
At 3:27 PM,
mattjustmull said…
How did you win at Clue so quickly?
At 4:07 PM,
Dena Marie said…
You just gotta know what kind of important observations to make while you are playing the game. It really wasn't that hard. It could have been just that this game was a little easier. I don't know. I wasn't playing with any Clue connoisseurs, so I wouldn't know. If you are ever up for a game, I would love to play.
Post a Comment
<< Home